Remove financial stress from the recovery process. Whether you have health insurance through your employer, or you pay for your own plan, an FCNB HSA helps you cover medical expenses. High interest and tax benefits* bring healthcare costs under control — so you can focus on getting better.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Receive higher rates on larger balances
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- Avoid the $2.50 monthly service fee by maintaining a $2,500 minimum balance in this account
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- Federally insured by FDIC
- $25 minimum deposit to open
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.