Imagine getting through life without ever having to dig for change — or worse, write a check. Use your free Visa® debit card for purchases in-store and online. Our debit card is safer than carrying cash and more readily accepted than checks. But if you prefer not to pay with plastic, that's okay too. Our ATM card helps you keep cash close at hand — all across the country.
- Fast, free, and easy
- Safer than carrying cash
- More convenient and safer than checks
- Eliminate cost of purchasing checks
- Make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted
- 24/7 access to funds via ATMs
Verified by Visa
Add an extra layer of security when you shop online. Learn more about Verified by Visa.
Visa Purchase Alerts
Know where your money is going. Visa Purchase Alerts sends you an email or text whenever a purchase is made with your Visa card. You can even choose notification triggers that match your spending habits. Sign up for Visa Purchase Alerts today.
Fraud Text Alerts
Let us keep an eye on your debit card transactions and alert you if we see something unusual with our fraud text alerts.
- We will text you when we see a suspicious transaction to confirm if you did it
- Texts are actionable allowing you to save time by responding directly to our texts
- Simple as calling us and providing us your cell phone number, and you will receive your enrollment message the next day
- Backed by our fraud monitoring systems that analyze your transactions to better respond to threats
Want to learn more? Check out our video on text alerts in our Video Library!
- Enjoy around-the-clock access to your checking or savings account
- Use your card at any ATM displaying the Plus System® or VISA® symbols
- Make withdrawals
- Deposit cash and checks (FCNB customers only at select FCNB ATMs)
- View balance
- Transfers funds between accounts
- Nominal fee for withdrawals from non-FCNB ATMs
Visa Account Updater
In accordance with VISA rules and regulations, effective in October 2017, First Citizens National Bank cardholders will be automatically enrolled in the VISA Account Updater (VAU) service. VAU helps facilitate uninterrupted processing of your recurring payments through a secure electronic exchange of account information updates between participating Visa Card issuers, acquirers and merchants.
When new cards are issued due to account information changes such as card expiration, for example; the new account information is sent to VAU for cards scheduled with recurring payments to participating merchants. Participating merchants can send inquiries to VAU about their account-on-file transactions and are provided with updated card information, if available. This helps participating issuers retain cardholders by maintaining continuity of their payment relationships with participating merchants.
Cardholder Benefits of VAU
- Offers a seamless account update process, eliminating the need for direct action on the part of the cardholder when their card is reissued due to normal expiration or lost/stolen card.
- Facilitates uninterrupted service for participating merchants. Recurring payments are more likely to be successful because updated card information is readily available to participating merchants.
- Reduces negative experiences caused by declines.
Note: Merchant participation is optional and some merchants may not choose to use this service. Participation in VAU does not relieve you of your obligation to confirm merchants have correct account information on file for you. Neither VISA nor First Citizens National Bank can guarantee the account updates will be communicated to merchants prior to the next billing date.
Account Opt-Out Procedures
If despite the benefits of VAU you wish to opt out of this service, please fill out this form.
Digital Wallet Services
Upgrade your payment security and convenience with digital wallet services on your mobile device. Your FCNB debit card now works with Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay®, and Google Pay™ to keep your card details safe online or in-store — so you can make fast and secure purchases.
- Free service available for Apple® and Android™ devices
- Add your FCNB debit card to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay
- Make fast and secure purchases
- Purchases can be made online or in-store
- Your card details remain safe
See details on how to add your card using Apple Pay.
See details on how to add your card using Google Pay.
See details on how to add your card using Samsung Pay.
Or download one of these free apps now:
How it Works
With digital wallet services, your actual debit card numbers are never transmitted or shared with merchants. Payment is private — the cashier never sees your name, card numbers or security code.
Instead of using your actual card numbers for purchases, a unique “device account number” is assigned, encrypted, and securely stored. When you make a purchase, the device account number, along with a transaction-specific security code is used to process your payment.