- Free with any First Citizens business account
- Reduce costs of purchasing checks
- Simplify expense tracking
- Multiple cards can be issued
- Pre-set employee limits as needed
- Safer than carrying cash
- More convenient and safer than checks
- Make purchases online or in-store virtually anytime, anywhere
- 24/7 access to funds via ATMs
- Easily withdraw funds from ATMs
Verified by Visa
Add an extra layer of security when you shop online. Learn more about Verified by Visa.
Visa Purchase Alerts
Know where your money is going. Visa Purchase Alerts sends you an email or text whenever a purchase is made with your Visa card. You can even choose notification triggers that match your spending habits. Sign up for Visa Purchase Alerts today.
Let us keep an eye on your debit card transactions and alert you if we see something unusual with our fraud text alerts.
- We will text you when we see a suspicious transaction to confirm if you did it
- Texts are actionable allowing you to save time by responding directly to our texts
- Simple as calling us and providing us your cell phone number, and you will receive your enrollment message the next day
- Backed by our fraud monitoring systems that analyze your transactions to better respond to threats
Want to learn more? Check out our video on text alerts in our Video Library!
In accordance with VISA rules and regulations, effective in October 2017, First Citizens National Bank cardholders will be automatically enrolled in the VISA Account Updater (VAU) service. VAU helps facilitate uninterrupted processing of your recurring payments through a secure electronic exchange of account information updates between participating Visa Card issuers, acquirers and merchants.
When new cards are issued due to account information changes such as card expiration, for example; the new account information is sent to VAU for cards scheduled with recurring payments to participating merchants. Participating merchants can send inquiries to VAU about their account-on-file transactions and are provided with updated card information, if available. This helps participating issuers retain cardholders by maintaining continuity of their payment relationships with participating merchants.
Cardholder Benefits of VAU
- Offers a seamless account update process, eliminating the need for direct action on the part of the cardholder when their card is reissued due to normal expiration or lost/stolen card.
- Facilitates uninterrupted service for participating merchants. Recurring payments are more likely to be successful because updated card information is readily available to participating merchants.
- Reduces negative experiences caused by declines.
Note: Merchant participation is optional and some merchants may not choose to use this service. Participation in VAU does not relieve you of your obligation to confirm merchants have correct account information on file for you. Neither VISA nor First Citizens National Bank can guarantee the account updates will be communicated to merchants prior to the next billing date.
Account Opt-Out Procedures
If despite the benefits of VAU you wish to opt out of this service, please fill out this form.